I wanted to make some sweet for the new year and thought of Besan Laddu. This recipe has been adapted from Manjula's Kitchen with one variation..
1 1/2 cup - Besan ( I used coarse besan available in Indian stores as Ladu Besan)
2 tbsp - Sooji ( The original recipe calls for 4 tbsp of sooji but I used 2 due to coarse besan )
1/2 cup - Melted Ghee
3/4 cup - Sugar
4 tbsp - Sliced Almonds
1 tsp - Elaichi
1 tbsp - Sliced Pista
1. Mix Ghee, Sooji and Besan in a kadai.
2. Keep striing the mixture continuosly in medium heat till we get a brown color.
3. Empty the besan mixture in a bowl and let it cool down a bit. Not completely cool but a little warm.
4. Add the almonds, Elaichi and sugar and mix nicely.
5. Take a fistful of the mixture and make round laddu.
6. Besan Laddu is ready to be served.