Health Benefits of Papaya :
- Papaya contains the digestive enzyme papain that is why it is valuable for aiding digestion.
- The ripe fruit is easily digestible and prevents constipation.
- It is shown in a study that this fruit when taken alone for 3 days has a beneficial tonic effect in the stomach and intestines.
- Papaya juice helps in relieving infections of the colon and can help break down pus and mucus.
- May help prevent cancer in organs and glands with epithelial tissue (ripe papaya).
- Prevents nausea (includes morning sickness and motion sickness). Taken 230cc. Of papaya juice or pineapple juice.
- The seeds are antihelmintic, for expelling worms and they are given with honey. Chew and swallow two teaspoonful of seeds after each principal meal (three times a day).
Medium sized Papaya - 1/2
Juice of Lemon - 1/2
Kala Namak - 1tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Water - 2 cups
1. Peel and cut the Papaya to 1 inch pieces.
2. Blend together Papaya, juice of Half a lemon , sugar and water.
3. Blend until the mixture is smooth. Add more water if the juice is too thick.
4. Pass the blended jucie through a seive.
5. Mix Kala Namak.
6. Garnish with Lemon wedges and serve immediately.